Application for the M.A. in Transportation Design
Dear prospective student, here you will find detailed information on which documents you need to upload into our application system in order to apply for the MATD. General information about the application process for Design PF Master's programs can be found on the page 'Apply for a Master's program'.
If you have any questions, we are happy to help: Our StudiCenter can be reached by e-mail or by phone at 07231 - 28 6724 / 28 6718, and here you can find the contact persons for the study program.
Application documents MATD
Please prepare the following documents:
- completed application form MATD
- English language certificate: For applicants whose native language is NOT English, language certificates according to § 3g) apply: TOEFL (IBT minimum 87 points, ITP minimum 560 points), IELTS (6.5 and above), or TOEIC (785 pts. and above) or equivalent (European Reference CEFR Level B2). Further information for international students
- Basic knowledge of German is recommended!
- A bachelor's / diploma certificate qualifying for a master's degree. The certificate must be from the fields of Transportation Design / Industrial Design, have at least 180 ECTS and a grade point average better than 2.5.
- a portfolio: the number of works can be chosen freely
- a letter of motivation
- one or more letters of recommendation
- if applicable: proof of work experience
You can apply in spring as well as in fall - the start of studies for the MATD is possible every semester.
Application deadlines for German applicants: April 30 and October 30.
Application deadlines for international applicants: March 30 and September 30.
The application deadlines mentioned are cut-off deadlines, i.e. all applications that have not been uploaded by this date can no longer be considered. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Submission of Application
The MATD program accepta applications in digital format only. All documents (including portfolio) must then be uploaded to our portfolio portal (see below) - international applicants please upload their application between March / September 15th and 30th, German applicants between April / October 15th and 30th.
Please prepare the files of your application as follows:
- Application form MATD, HZB, Bachelor/Diploma certificate, and language certificates please as ONE pdf file (including translations)
- Letter of recommendation (1 pdf)
- Letter of motivation (1 pdf)
- CV (1 pdf)
- portfolio (1 pdf)
Please label the files according to this system: LastNameFirstName_Portfolio.pdf etc.
On our page 'Portfolio Portal' you can read in advance how to upload your application to us.