Welcome to the School of Design International Section!
Here, you will find useful information for students interested in a study abroad (both incoming and outgoing exchange students) – Universities and/or Professors interested in possible future cooperations please see below under 'Academic Cooperations'.
• one of the oldest and well-known Schools for Design in Germany
• founded 1877 as Ducal School of Craft at the behest of the jewellery industry that wished to encourage Higher Education
• in 1992 fusion with the School of Economics to Pforzheim University
• since 2005 School of Design at Pforzheim University (public university – no tuition fees for EU-students)
• is fully accredited and continuously evaluated by the state Baden-Wuerttemberg and ZEvA Hannover
• since 2004 member of CUMULUS International Association of Art and Design Colleges
The Pforzheim University School of Design is always interested in possible new cooperations with other universities and / or visiting professors. If you would like to suggest your academic institute as a partner for an exchange or a project, please do not hesitate to contact our International Office.
In addition, the following document provides a short description of our departments which you might find helpful as well.