Dear prospective student, please use our two online portals for your application. Below you will find detailed information about which documents to upload to which portal in order to apply for the MACD. General information about the application process for Design PF Master's programs can be found on the page 'Applying for a Master's program'.
If you have any questions, we are happy to help: Our StudiCenter can be reached by e-mail or by phone at 07231 - 28 6724 / 28 6718, and here you can find the contact persons for the study program.
The start of the MACD program is always in the winter semester (end of September / beginning of October).
Application deadline for german applicants: 30 April
Application deadline for international applicants: March 30.
The application deadlines mentioned are cut-off deadlines, i.e. all applications that have not been uploaded by this date can no longer be considered. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
In the application portal, you enter your personal data:
- Please fill in the online application form with all the requested information.
- Upload your certificates: Proof of Bachelor's / Diploma degree qualifying for Master's studies (design studies with at least 180 ECTS), if applicable with German or English translation.
- Language certificate for non-native speakers: German language certificate according to §3 f)1: DSH exam (DSH 2), TestDaF (> 16), telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule, or Goethe Zertifikat C2
In our Design PF - portfolio portal you upload your portfolio, resume and a motivation letter.
- The number of works is up to you (max. numer of files per application: 20)
- All files must be named with the name of the author and the title of the work, e.g.: MustermannMax_Portfolio.pdf
- The works must be uploaded in the intended view (not rotated / upside down)
- When uploading, further relevant additional information can be entered in the 'Description' field for each work
- Accepted file formats: PDF, MP4 and JPG
- file size: max. 5 MB/file
The submitted digital artistic works will not be used by us and will be deleted after the application process has been completed.
In addition to the portfolio, please also upload the following to our portfolio portal:
- Curriculum vitae (pdf)
- Letter of motivation (pdf, max. 1 page)
To avoid error messages during the upload process please note the following points:
- use a stable and fast internet connection for uploading
- make sure that your browser (Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox or similar) is up to date
note the maximum number of files, file formats and file sizes per application that can be uploaded for your desired study program:
>> Bachelor's degree programs: maximum 30 files. File format .jpg
Maximum file size: 3 MB
>> Master's programs: maximum 20 files. File formats: .jpg, .pdf, .mp4.
Maximum file size: 5 MB
>> Katapult: maximum 10 files. File format: jpg. Maximum file size: 5 MB
Please check all files for completeness at the end and add missing files when you are still on the 'Thank you' screen. Do NOT close your browser window before you have added the missing files, otherwise you'll have to start the entire process again.
After a successful upload you will receive a confirmation email with a summary of the uploaded files.