Dear prospective student, please use our two online portals for your application. Below you will find detailed information about which documents to upload to which portal in order to apply for the MACD. General information about the application process for Design PF Master's programs can be found on the page 'Applying for a Master's program'.
If you have any questions, we are happy to help: Our StudiCenter can be reached by e-mail or by phone at 07231 - 28 6724 / 28 6718, and here you can find the contact persons for the study program.
The start of the MACD program is always in the winter semester (end of September / beginning of October).
Application deadline: 30 April
The application deadlines mentioned are cut-off deadlines, i.e. all applications that have not been uploaded by this date can no longer be considered. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
In the application portal, you enter your personal data:
- Please fill in the online application form with all the requested information.
- Upload your certificates: Proof of Bachelor's / Diploma degree qualifying for Master's studies (design studies with at least 180 ECTS), if applicable with German or English translation.
- Language certificate for non-native speakers: German language certificate according to §3 f)1: DSH exam (DSH 2), TestDaF (> 16), telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule, or Goethe Zertifikat C2
In our Design PF - Portfolio Portal you upload your portfolio, CV, a letter of motivation and your letter(s) of recommendation - all as one single pdf file.
- The number of works / projects you show in your application is up to you
- All works must be named with author and title of the work
- The works should be shown in the intended view (not rotated / upside down)
- Please provide us with any relevant additional information for each work so that we can understand it.
- for team projects, please specify which was your area of responsibility
- file format: PDF
- movies or other media can be integrated as links in the pdf
- File size: max. 40 MB
The submitted digital artistic works will not be used by us and will be deleted after the application process is completed.
To the pdf you add the following:
- CV (Curriculum Vitae)
- an expert opinion / letter of recommendation
- letter of motivation (max. 1 page)
If you would like to have a look at the upload process in advance, you will find an illustrated description here: The portfolio portal.