In our portfolio portal you will not only upload your artistic works, but also your CV and your motivation letter. Via the blue bordered images below you can see step by step (click on the image) how the upload process works and thus prepare all files accordingly.
To avoid error messages, please read the technical information about the portfolio portal below before uploading.
Your submitted digital artwork will not be used by us and will be deleted after the application process is completed.
- Go to https://designpf-bewerbung.hs-pforzheim.de/
- Click on 'Register' and enter your first and last name and email address. Choose a password. Our system will give you an error message if your password is too easy to crack, it only accepts strong passwords.
- After that you can log in to the portal with your data.
- 10 to 15 general artistic works (drawings / paintings, i.e. hand-made originals); and additionally 5 course-related works. For this, you will photograph your works, and upload them to the system as individual .jpg files.
- File format for all images: .jpg, file size: maximum 3MB/file.
- All files should be named with the name of the author, number and title of the work in the file name, ex: MusterMaxine_02_Portrait.jpg.
- Upload please in the intended view (no rotated / upside down images).
- The edges of the page should be visible on the photos of the work, and ideally a size reference object (e.g. sharpener or pencil)
- For each work, please use the 'Description' field in the online portal for information about:
1.) title of the work
2.) size of the original (in cm),
3.) drawing material used (e.g. pencil, charcoal..),
4.) drawing surface (e.g. paper, canvas, cardboard...)
Attention: Applicants who have already passed the portfolio selection in the previous semester, please upload only CV and motivation letter to the portfolio portal (see below, 'additional files'). You do not need to submit any more artistic works.
In this section please add the files for your artistic works / portfolio.
Applicants for the M.A. in Transportation Design also upload the completed application form MATD, as well as the files of their certificates and transcripts of records (as one pdf file, please).
- max. 20 files
- possible file formats: .jpg, .pdf, .mp4
- file size: max. 5 MB/file
- All files should be named with the name of the author, and title of the work in the file name, ex: MusterMaxine_KonzeptXY.jpg
- Please upload in the intended view (no rotated / upside down images)
- Please use the 'Description' field in the online portal for explanatory information about your work
Further down you add the following files
- > your curriculum vitae (pdf document)
- > a letter of motivation (max. 1 page, pdf-document)
- > applicants for the Master of Arts in Transportation Design program: letter of recommendation (pdf)
Under 'Application status' select 'Save temporarily' and click on 'Save'. The application is now saved as a draft, and you can continue working on it at any time - you can find it under the menu item 'Edit applications'.
When you are ready to submit your application, open your draft (see above) and scroll all the way down.
You then select 'Submit application' instead of 'Cache'.
To submit the application, you must agree to the following: The affidavit that the uploaded work was all done by you, and you confirm that you understand that once you submit your application, you will no longer be able to exchange / change files.
Then click on 'Submit application'. - Done!
You will automatically receive a confirmation to the email address you provided with a list of the files you submitted. This serves as a proof for you, with which contents you have applied with us, if questions should arise.
Technical information on the portfolio portal
To avoid error messages during the upload process please note the following points:
- use a stable and fast internet connection for uploading
- make sure your browser (Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox or similar) is up to date
- note the specified maximum number of files, file formats and file sizes, which can be uploaded for your application as artistic works:
>> Bachelor's degree applications: maximum 30 files. File format .jpg, Maximum file size: 3 MB
>> Applications for Master's programs: maximum 20 files. File formats: .jpg, .pdf, .mp4. Maximum file size: 5 MB
>> Applications for catapult: maximum 10 files. File format: jpg. Maximum file size: 5 MB
What is meant by 'general artistic works' and 'program specific works'?
General artistic works are mostly drawings or paintings; they can depict still lifes, portraits, nudes, nature, architecture, and much more.
Works related to the program have as their theme/motif a typical task of the respective department.
Here are a few examples: an event poster for Visual Communication, an illustration of a garment for Fashion, a design drawing of an earring for Jewellery, a sketch of a handbag for Accessory Design, ideas for a seat for Industrial Design, a vehicle for Transportation Design.
I passed the portfolio pre-selection but did not pass the written exam - what do I need to submit if I reapply?
If 6 points or more have already been earned in the portfolio pre-selection, there is no need to resubmit a new portfolio. All other documents must be resubmitted - please make sure to indicate in the application portal (not in the portfolio portal!) that you are NOT submitting a new portfolio.