In our portfolio portal you will not only upload your artistic works, but also your CV and your motivation letter. Via the blue bordered images below you can see step by step (click on the image) how the upload process works and thus prepare all files accordingly. The instructions in the portal are in German and in English.
The upload to our portfolio portal works in just a few steps:
First, you enter your personal data and your contact email address.
After that, in step 2, you add
- your curriculum vitae (pdf document)
- a letter of motivation (max. 1 page, pdf document)
Applicants who have already passed the portfolio selection in the previous semester, please upload only these two documents (CV and motivation letter) to the portfolio portal. They do not need to submit any more artistic works.
All other applicants upload their artistic works in the next step, the 'portfolio':
For your digital portfolio, you will photograph your original (hand drawn/painted) artistic works and upload them as individual .jpg files to our portfolio portal. The portfolio will be accepted in digital format only.
- 10 to 15 general artistic works (drawings / paintings, i.e. hand-drawn originals); and an additional 5 course-related works. You will photograph the works and upload them as .jpg files.
- All files must be named with the name of the author, number and title of the work in the file name, ex: MusterMaxine_02_Portrait.jpg
- Please upload in the intended view (no rotated / upside down images)
- The edges of the page should be visible on the photos of the work, and ideally a size reference object (e.g. sharpener or pencil)
- File format for all images:.jpg, file size: maximum 3MB/file. Please do NOT upload images of your artistic work as pdf files!
- Please use the 'Description' field in the online portal for each work to provide information about:
1.) size of the original (in cm),
2.) drawing material used (e.g. pencil, charcoal..)
3.) drawing surface (e.g. paper, canvas, cardboard...)
To avoid error messages or incomplete uploads, please read the technical information about the portfolio portal below before uploading.
Your submitted digital artwork will not be used by us and will be deleted after the application process is completed.
At the end of the upload process you will have the opportunity to review all the files that have been uploaded to our system: just scroll down on the 'Thank you' page. If all files are listed, you don't need to do anything else. If any files are missing, add them at the bottom and click 'Upload' again - please don't close your browser window until you're done! After uploading more files you will get the message 'We have updated your submission'.
In the confirmation email of your application you will find a list of all the files you uploaded.
To avoid error messages during the upload process please note the following points:
- use a stable and fast internet connection for uploading
- make sure that your browser (Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox or similar) is up to date
note the maximum number of files, file formats and file sizes per application that can be uploaded for your desired study program:
>> Bachelor's degree programs: maximum 30 files. File format .jpg
Maximum file size: 3 MB
>> Master's programs: maximum 20 files. File formats: .jpg, .pdf, .mp4.
Maximum file size: 5 MB
>> Katapult: maximum 10 files. File format: jpg. Maximum file size: 5 MB
Please check all files for completeness at the end and add missing files when you are still on the 'Thank you' screen. Do NOT close your browser window before you have added the missing files, otherwise you'll have to start the entire process again.
After a successful upload you will receive a confirmation email with a summary of the uploaded files.
What is meant by 'general artistic works' and 'works related to the study program'?
General artistic works are mostly drawings or paintings, and can include still lifes, portraits, nudes, nature, architecture, and much more.
Works related to the program of study have as their theme/motif a typical task of the respective department.
Here are a few examples: an event poster for Visual Communication, an apparel illustration for Fashion, a design drawing of an earring for Jewelry, a sketch of a handbag for Accessory Design, ideas for a chair for Industrial Design, a vehicle design for Transportation Design.
I passed the portfolio pre-selection but did not pass the written exam - what do I need to submit if I reapply?
If 6 points or more have already been earned in the portfolio pre-selection, there is no need to resubmit a new portfolio. All other documents must be resubmitted - please make sure to indicate in the application portal that you are NOT submitting a new portfolio.